As some of you may have heard, we've had some bad news about Peter's health. Peter was diagnosed with scoliosis when he was young, and it's progressed to the point where he will need surgery if he gets any worse. If this happens, he will have a permanent rod in his back from his neck to his tailbone. Luckily, we've found some great doctors who are going to help him delay this as long as possible. We're hoping for the best - it's very encouraging that Peter's made it this far without being in a lot of pain.
Hopefully we'll see some great progress in the next few weeks - I'll keep you updated!
Here are some pictures of Peter's x-rays:

This is looking straight on at his lower back.

Upper/middle back

The line the chiropractor has drawn shows the shape of Peter's neck. The line should be shaped like a "C", arching backwards. As you can see, it's pretty vertical, even tilting forward at the top. Peter's head was also not attached correctly to the top of his neck, so that's being adjusted as well.
How painful! I can't believe it... Peter is so healthy.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get everything worked out!
I'm obviously not great on keeping up with peoples' blogs (hence the delayed response), but keep us posted on what happens! I'm sorry to hear about that. You two are awesome, and I hope all is well with the new job/living arrangements/the whole deal.
ReplyDeleteKeep in touch.
Braden