Our apartment is really great! We're about 2 minutes away from a Walmart, which is beautiful, and the complex is kind of tucked away around a bend, so we don't feel like we're on a busy road. There's a pond in the back of the complex, and its fun to watch people fish from the bank. The best part is definitely that we're five minutes from the freeway though - I love that!!
Our neighbors are pretty good for the most part, except for the people that live on the other side of our master bedroom. They tend to play rock music at 5:00 am loud enough to make our bed vibrate - not fun. No complaints other then that though! Peter is busy whipping the complex pool, grounds, and maintenance guys into shape - no surprise there! :)
Here are some pictures of the new digs:

We never use the front door...but it's there.
Our oddly-partitioned living room - the plates on the wall were my graduation present from Peter. :)


I LOVE my painting from Grandma! It has the perfect spot at the head of our dining area, which is really part of our living room as well.

The best part of having a real kitchen is a real oven!! No more easy-bake oven! (P.S. the counter-tops aren't granite, for those of you squinting to see if they are. It's granite spray-paint, with the granite piece on top to psych you out)

The hallway branches out to the office on your left, the guest bath slight left, the office nook/laundry/garage slight right, and the master bedroom right.

Here is Peter's domain. He's very happy to have his own office space, all organized-like.

This is my domain, the guest bathroom. Since I get up early, I can get ready in here and let Peter sleep. It's also nice when we're getting ready at the same time! :) Plus, there's room for all of my hair gadgets and makeup, it's bigger than the master bathroom, and I even repurposed a stool to sit on for convenience and comfort. You laugh, but it makes me happy.

Our bedroom, with our favorite quilt.

The sort of useless nook/reading area. Peter's layed out his mats to nap on.


This is a nice little area to throw the mail, purses, etc. We put the laptop here as well.

Behold....the garage....the most wonderful part of the apartment. No more dents in our car, no more hot/freezing cold car, no more running back out because we forgot to lock the car, no more trying to one-trip-it with groceries, no more searching for a parking space, no more boxes behind our TV, no more tools in our pantry, and no more sleeping bags in our closet. As I said before.....behold...the garage....
Well, that's our apartment! Sorry if I'm a bit wordy/silly. I'm just excited to tell everyone what's been going on! Blogs feel like one-way conversations, unfortunately. You should call me now and tell me what's going on with you! :)
The place looks GREAT! I'd love to decorate like you have with this and that here and there to provide the right touch that only women seem to want and can appreciate. But alas, Jayden rules the roost.
ReplyDeleteWe look forward to having a garage soon too. Our car isn't far away now, but to have more climate control, greater security, and a place to just put stuff that doesn't belong in the house. Soon I'll be "behold[ing] the garage".
Take some pictures of the area. It'd be great to see what the place around you all looks like too.
We can't wait to see you both in November!
Hey Lauren and Peter! I love, Love, LOVE the apartment! It is soooo flippin' cute and I'm so glad you put pictures up! Your decorating skills are fabulous and the place looks great! I'm so happy for you both! :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Emilie
What a cute place. When we come to stay do you think you will be able to share the HUGE guest bathroom with us?
ReplyDeleteWe're so glad you guys are here!!
ReplyDeleteWow, thanks for the comments everyone! I see I need to post more often! I'll definitely get some more pictures up Patrice (and how are you liking your new garage!?), and Amanda you are definitely welcome to come share the bathroom anytime! Matt and Haley, we are really looking forward to moving even closer to you! Emilie, you're the cutest and I love you!
ReplyDelete